Tuesday, April 18, 2006

TGIT

The following amazing releases came out this week:

  • AFX - Chosen Lords

  • Drive-By Truckers - A Blessing and A Curse

  • Adrian Belew - Side Three (featuring Les Claypool and Danny Carey!)

  • Killing Joke - Hosannas from the Basement of Hell

  • The Red Krayola - Introduction

    Holy shit I think I just came. From my listening, Drive By Truckers and Aphex Twin are likely candidates in my stereo for some of the best records of '06.

    Oh and not to mention, the soon-to-be-closed-forever goth/shoegaze label Projekt released their final compilation disc today. Throw 'em a little money while you can, would ya?

    Segueing from "holy crap" to "holy shit!" news: Neil Young wants to impeach Bush and he's displaying this sentiment... in song! "Let's Impeach the President" is to be played for his label tomorrow for inclusion on his second album in as many years, "Living with War."

    "I think it is a metal version of Phil Ochs and Bob Dylan," Young said on his website. "Metal folk protest?"

    I know he lives in America now (according to the extremely well-done Rolling Stone peice done on him last year, he lives in rural northern California), but he's from Cananda. Somehow, his opinion on the American political landscape holds less water than I'd actually like it to-- lesser than, say, Bruce Springsteen or Bob Dylan. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

    Oh and also: Michael Jackson is back to work on music in Bahrain. No biggie.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home