Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A quick insight into my psyche

On impulse, I made a musical/linguistic observation involving my iTunes music. Clicked the "Name" tab of the songs, putting them in alphabetical order, making no sense genre- or album-wise. Of course, that was the fun of it.

But more importantly, here's what I noticed: Many songs start from disparate artists start with the same, or very similar, first word. As I skimmed, I realized this not only was an insight into the timely and timeless creative resevoir of humanity but of myself, as well.

WTFz?!

Here's a (relatively) brief alphabetical list I compiled, giving: the word and/or its basic root use along with plurals, etc.; an explanation of its meaning, if need be; the part(s) of speech; and the number of times its used. I eliminated basic contraction pronouns and articles as first words and kept the unique ones with five mentions or more.

I kept the exclamations, however, because, well, why the hell not?

Have fun. You're going to learn so much about me.


ARM- (as in weaponry, adj./adv./n./v.) | 5
BIG (adj.) | 9
BLACK (adj.) | 7
BLUE (adj.) | 8
BRIGHT (adj.) | 5
BROKE(N) (adj.) | 9
CIRCLE(S) (n.) | 5
COLD- (adj.) | 6
DANCE- (v.) | 7
DAY- (n.) | 5
DEAD/DEATH (adj./n./v.) | 10
FIRST (adj.) | 6
GOD('S)/LORD (adj./n.) | 6
GOLD- (adj.) | 7
GOOD- (adj.) | 17
GREAT- (adj.) | 9
HAND- (n.) | 7
HEART- (n.) | 6
HERE('S) (adj./n.) | 5
HUNT- (n./v.) | 5
LA (article, non-English) | 8
LIFE (n.) | 5
LIGHT- (n.) | 5
LIL'/LITTLE (adj.)| 19
LIVE (adj./adv./v.)| 6
LONG (adj.) | 7
LOSING/LOST (adj./v.) | 10
LOVE (adj./n.) | 16
MEET (v.) | 5
MYSTERY (adj./n.) | 5
NEVER- (adv./n.) | 7
NIGHT (adj./n.) | 6
O (exc./n.) | 6
OH (exc.) | 12
OLD (adj.) | 6
ONE (adj./n.) | 14
PLAY(S) (v.) | 5
POOR (adj.) | 7
READY (adv.) | 6
REAL(ITY) (adj.) | 5
RED (adj.) | 7
RUN (n./v.) | 5
SLEEP- (adj./n.) | 9
SLOW (adj./adv.) | 7
SONG (n.) | 9
SOUND (n./v.) | 5
SOUTH (adj.)| 5
STREET- (adj.) | 5
SUMMER- (adj./n.) | 6
SWEET (adj./n.) | 6
TIME (n.) | 8
TWO (adj.) | 7
WALK- (adj./v.) | 7
WINDOW- (n./adj.) | 5
YOUNG (adj.) | 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home