Tuesday, February 28, 2006

omg celebz

Let's get this over with. I've got cuts on my hands and stuff to do.

Thanks to some other blog for this entry idea.

Top 5 hip celebrities I would care to meet/spend time with:

1. Jack Black -- How can he not be at the top of this list? I met him very, very briefly at Strokes show in NYC and he was extremely mellow, but witty. The man's an amazing actor and was in one of my favorite movies of all time. His comedic timing and speech is truly his own. Plus, Jables is Jewish, too. So there's that. Yeah.

2. Thomas Pynchon -- I want to hang with him just to finally see his face (I don't he actually looks like those early pictures) and to be the first reporter in forever to interview him. Hell, just to be cerebrally condecescended by him would be an honor. I don't really want to hang out with this guy, because he's probably an asshole, but he's one of my favorite writers. "The Crying Lot of 49" definitely did something to me. If I never met him, I would be forever curious as to what he would be like. Plus, the guy's over 60 years old and he's gonna drop soon. He needs to show his face.

Note: I would put Norman Mailer here instead (another one of my favorite writers whose about to drop), but the dude's got a blog at the Huffington Post, apparently. I would find that incredibly lame if it weren't for the fact that: A) I'm writing on a blog right now and think slightly better of myself and B) Mailer isn't trying to be a blogger extrordinaire. He's being his short, sweet self on the site. Over 10 months, he's only written seven graphs b/w two posts on the site.

3. Steve Albini -- If you've ever met me, or just know my musical tastes, its not hard to figure out why I like Albini so much: Big Black/Rapeman/Shellac, Zeni Geva, Neurosis, Helmet, The Breeders, Tortoise, Melt Banana, Jesus Lizard, Low, Mono, High on Fire, Don Cab, The Frames, Mogwai, The Ex, Milemarker, Rye Coalition, Portastatic, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Dysrhythmia and (most famously) The Pixies and Nirvana. Of course, he's talked major shit about those two in the press since then, which makes him even fucking cooler.

4. Tom Waits -- No real reason other than I love his music and because he's the fucking COOLEST MOTHERFUCKER ON THE PLANET.

5. Dr. Cornelius West -- The next black POTUS. Truly a genius, genius black thinker.


UPDATE: Part two coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home