Monday, June 26, 2006

Quotes by Dwight D. Eisenhower


The second-greatest Republican President of all time

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head — that's assault, not leadership."

"The only way to win World War III is to prevent it."

"I despise people who go to the gutter on either the right or the left and hurl rocks at those in the center."

"Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."

"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows."

...And I almost forgot my favorite:

"In the counsels of Government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the Military Industrial Complex."

-from my new favorite site, QuoteDB.com

Related note: "Why We Fight," one of my favorite films of the year so far that takes its cue from that final Ike quote, is finally getting a release on DVD.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Wow. That was bad. I think I gots it.

6/26/2006 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home