Saturday, July 01, 2006

Can Billboard.com read my mind?

Why did they put two of my most anticipated releases on their frontpage this morning? Weird.

By the way, if you're a rock band, and you name your first single off your new record "Vicarious Atonement" a couple of months after one of your prog-rock cohorts release a single named, simply, "Vicarious," you look stupid. To say the least. Even stupider, yet awesomer, is the tracklisting for the Mars Volta's new record. Check it:

"Vicarious Atonement"
"Tetragrammaton" (prog!)
"Vermicide"
"Meccamputechture"
"Asilos Magdalena"
"Viscera Eyes" (!!!!)
"Day of the Baphomets"
"El Ciervo Vulnerado"

ADDENDUM: I'd be remiss if I didn't add another upcoming release mention here. Travis Morrison's second solo record was covered by Billboard a while ago, apparently.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

It's a blog! I can make up words.

I think "Televators" (that last track) and "The Widow" were power ballads and not full-on soft, Celine Dion-type ballad shit. I think that's what is meant in the story.

And I resent your comment about "the wrong direction." Pretty much anything they're likely to do will be better after the misstep of "Francis the Mute."

7/03/2006 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home