Friday, July 07, 2006

New York City scares the shit out of me



This is why I don't want to live in New York. When 9/11 happened and I was an idealist high school senior, I wanted to move to New York and, y'know, do something. I loved the city. Now, the furthest north I'll go is D.C., because at least I know, there, security is super-tight.

God bless our intellegence agencies.

Government always complains that our intellegence victories are private and defeats public (public, and shameful, as anything can be, actually). The overwhelming media coverage of the foiled Holland Tunnel proves that axiom wrong-- for once, anyway.

I once went through the Holland to get to Newark out of NYC. Saw a lot of Springsteen stickers on cars there. I can only imagine the disaster that would occur if that thing collapsed and got flooded-- all those people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home