Thursday, July 20, 2006

Uhhh....



Ok, so... I don't know where to begin. First off, this is one of those choppy-edited video/audio mashups where everything looks really weird and fucked up. Second, it involves President Bush and U2. Third, its some strange play on "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" where... I think you get the idea.

At first, this actually inspired me like: "Wow... Bush actually said those words. That's so moving." Because the editing, in some moments, is really fluid (compared to most of these things, at least) and you can almost convince yourself he's saying all of that, that passionately, about the Iraqi occupation or the administration's policies. Almost.

At first I felt moved, then I felt sort of sick like: "Oh God I actually believed this for a second, I'm a terrible person" then I thought, "Oh God what if he actually IS that passionate about what he's saying?" Then I thought that its probably Donald Rumsfeld and not the President whose that serious. And then I had a begruding respect for all the people who, if they'd watched that video, would be all "GOD BLESS 'MERICA WE GOTS TO FIGHT THEM TERRISTS! GET ER DONE!"

Yeah, so now I'm just numb, so... Yeah.

Do yourself a favor, don't watch it for more than a minute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

8/11/2006 3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

8/16/2006 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home